- Welcome 18.104.22.168
'We have 4 guest/s online'
- Design Task
- To design and make a child's toy that utilises aspects of mechanical motion.
- It will encourage the child develop new skills such as hand & eye coordination, learning letters, etc.
- Should include mechanisms that provide various movements.
- Durable to withstand a drop or rough play.
- The main market is for young toddlers.
- The capability of it being more complex as a child gets older (i.e. kit form).
- The child should be able to play with it without parental supervision.
- Easily understandable by the child, no need for instructions.
- The overall size of the toy will is constrained to 300 X 300 X 200 mm. So a small child can handle it.
- The shape and selected features depend on the child's hand.
- Available in a range of colours.
- Smooth edges
- Simple design
- Made from recycled material.
- Can be easily recycled when the toy is no longer needed.
- Ease of manufacture.
- Easily cleaned
- Use the tools and machine available in the school workshops.
- Ability to scale up production.
- Non toxic materials
- No sharp edges
- No chance of jamming fingers.
- Complies with American and EU safety standards.
- Uses green design principles
- Is gentle on the environment
- The overall cost (materials and manufacture) is not to exceed 50Le.
- You will be graded on development and evaluation.
- Three weeks ... week one & two development and manufacture, week three evaluation.
- Technology student examples
- Do a web search and browse the images you find.