Carried out during the design process
- Evaluate sketches.
- Evaluate Models.
- Use constructive discontent to assist in the evaluation process.
- Include photographs of solution.
- Include photographs of testing (if performing one).
- Evaluate or test the solution – tests (experiments), user research, user trial, expert appraisal, performance test, risk Assessment, etc ... (Use a variety).
- Select appropriate variables for the design.
- Balance between Qual. & Quant. data collection.
- Outcome tested by a range of users, which the data will analysed.
- Astute interpretation of data
- Give consideration of the control of the variables and implications for results.
- Evaluate the suitability of chosen strategies (procedures) at each stage or ...
- Evaluate available resources, time, etc.
- Identify weaknesses and how significant they are.
- Evaluate & Test - against the specifications - present it perhaps in table form (it should be clear).
- Suggest improvements based on weaknesses and limitations discovered in Aspect 2.
- Present as: a paragraph, annotated drawings (CAD model, sketches, perspectives etc), orthogonal if needed, and/or modified design specification ... (include more than just one).
- Possibility of scaling up production ... into a design family.