Defining the Problem
- Description of Situation/Problem - brainstorming potential issues could help.
- There should be evidence of initial investigation with objective justification
Formulating a brief or research question
- Include, the design goal, target market, feasibility, production scale, and constraints
- Suitable for wider market i.e. production scale up ... use user research under defining the problem
Final product specification
- Usually completed after or during the research stage.
- Initial Specifications
- Needs to be related to the design brief
- A final (specifications) precise list of requirements - that will be evaluated and solution assessed.
- include, cost, materials, safety, environment, etc etc ... Pughs' Plate and other examples.
- They need to be justified (reasoned).
- Need to be prioritized (must be/have to wishes if possible)